Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Blink Moment

October 14, 2012

Flying to Shanghai today soon after a trip to Budapest and recovering from a cold. My mind is not quite with it. A drug induced 9 hour sleep at least had me rested last night, but I feel a bit bogged down and tired.

I go through the airport in a semi daze. It's all pretty standard really. Get off train, go up elevator, check in luggage, get boarding card, clear security.

See a pretty young lady pushing Lindor kugelis (the DF shop is now located at the exit of security and there is no way to avoid walking through it) so buy 2 boxes of assorted flavors for the Shanghai office, then get a cup of tea in a very crowded Senator lounge. There are no people in the airport, because they are all in the lounge.

I look at my watch, pick up my bags and proceed to the gate. Immigration, train ride and up the escalator again. See a long line of orientals so walk up to the business line and present my boarding card.

BEEP.

Oooh ... maybe I am gonna be upgraded! I start to come out of my automated robotic state.

The lady puts her arm on mine and says "You are flying to Shanghai, this flight is to Tokyo"

Oops. I apologize and leave the gate. Just because they were Orientals. Blink.

No comments: